Found something that we should take a look at?Report a problem
- Ongoing refinement of existing anatomical systems, with particular focus on: the head, neck, and brain; and thorax and upper limb. Estimated release date: thorax, upper limb – autumn 2017; head, neck, brain – winter 2017
- Female model. Estimated release date: spring 2018
3.1: September 19, 2017
- AR Mode: (Available for iPad Pro and iPad (2017) users on iOS 11 only) Bring the full 3D anatomical model into the real world through augmented reality. Tap the AR Mode button to open the camera, select a flat surface to place the model, and view it from any side and any angle. Your anatomy atlas has never been this real. Learn more
- Synchronization: We’ve improved the robustness of our synchronization engine. Now information about new Library items in your Groups gets pushed to your device, so you’ll know about them as soon as they are shared.
- iOS 11: Compatibility added for the latest iOS update.
3.0: August 28, 2017
- Courses: Your personal tutor in your backpack. Improve your anatomical knowledge with guided lessons through anatomical topics, created by world renowned subject matter experts. Choose to study the full anatomy by region or by system with our Undergraduate Gross Anatomy courses. And all of your Courses are available across all devices — once purchased there is no extra purchase necessary for other devices. Learn more
- Tabs: Need to swap to a different topic, or want to explore an area without losing your current progress? Open a new tab and continue working. Explore different parts of the model, make edits using Tools, and access the Library without affecting your other model positions. Learn more
- Cut: Create a cross section of the anatomy with the new improved patented Cut Tool! Additional flexibility means you can now cut in any direction. Learn more
- Library: Discover and manage your Courses, Screens, Recordings, and Quizzes in one central location with the new Library. Learn more
- Labels: Use Group Labels to highlight multiple structures at once, keeping your Screens organized and clear. Learn more
- Performance: Complete Anatomy now runs on the Metal graphics processing engine, giving up to 25% faster performance than previous versions on iOS and macOS.
2.5.1: May 25, 2017
- Minor updates to anatomical content
- Multi-device usage policy updated
- Small cosmetic UI updates and tweaks to improve your experience
2.5: May 5, 2017
- Offline Mode: Continue creating content while offline. Screens, Recordings, and Quizzes created offline will be synced to the cloud the next time your device is online. Learn more
- 3D4Medical Account: Your Complete Anatomy account is now a 3D4Medical account! Access your account details both in-app and on the web, and update your profile to receive content and updates that are more relevant to you. Learn more
- Microsoft Surface Dial: Microsoft Surface users can now use the Surface Dial to control the Discover, Explode, and Muscle Motion features!
- Keyboard shortcuts (Mac): Access commonly used functions even more quickly with new keyboard shortcuts. Learn more
- Import Tool: Introducing Import (superseding Image Tool). Add images to match the model position that you are currently viewing. Learn more
- Multi-select Resources: Select multiple Resources at once using a long press. Hold down on an item for two seconds to access multiple section. Learn more
- Trial for Registered Users: Registered users now enjoy 3 days of the upgraded version of Complete Anatomy free of charge!
- Pelvis and male urogenital system: Explore the remodelled urogenital system, including the prostate and the lobes that it is made up of. Follow the urethra through the body, with clear representation of the arteries, veins, and nerves coming from the sacral plexus, as well as simplified testes and external genitalia for more efficient learning.
- Lower limb: Discover the remodelled thigh, knee, lower limb, and foot. Find improved bone detail and landmarks on the bones of lower limbs. View a more realistic impression of joint spaces and the mechanical reinforcement of these areas. Find improved neurovascular detail in the entire region, with particular focus on the foot.
- Dermatomes: View an updated dermatome map, which is aligned with current international standards. Written content describing the distribution of the dermatome in each region has also been added.
- Resolved an issue that prevented some muscle audio pronunciations from playing.
- Resolved an issue that prevented cloud content from displaying on iPads and Macs following the latest system update.
- Resolved an issue that caused crashing on launch on Windows due to text encoding and ‘space’ characters in the user account name.
2.2: November 14, 2016
- Arterial Supply to Muscles: See the arteries that supply any muscle with the touch of a button, and trace these arteries back to the heart. Learn more
- Edit Audio in Recordings: Hiccup during your Recording? No problem, re-record sections of your Recording’s audio. Learn more
- Fast-forward Recordings: Jump straight to the section of the Recording that you need. Learn more
- Ratings: Get useful information about how others in the community have rated Screens, Quizzes, Recordings and Lectures, then rate them yourself!
- Alternative Names: Now use our smart search to find any structure, whether you search the official name, common alternative name or classic eponymous name. Also reveal a structure’s alternative names, where present, in the title area of its Infobox. Learn more about InfoboxLearn more about Search
- Lymphatics: A variant of lymphatic classification entirely unique to 3D4Medical can be seen in the abdomen and thigh.
- Heart: Experience our brand new, completely remodelled heart; more detailed and anatomically accurate than ever before! Explore three layers of pericardium, with new cuts and windows for better visualization of the intricate details of each chamber.
- Thigh: Reconfigured with increased anatomical precision and accuracy, the updated architecture for the muscles of the thigh has allowed for the creation of intermuscular septae, allowing the correct course of arteries, veins, nerves and lymphatics respectively. Muscle origins and insertions have also been reconsidered to match the academic literature.
- Pelvis: Following on from the recently updated abdomen content, the pelvic region follows suit with a redesign of the pelvic cavity, impacting a diverse range of structures from bones to vessels. The new placement of the psoas and ilacus muscles has allowed greater accuracy of the iliac vessels. Users will also benefit from an updated Sacral plexus, an area which students often struggle with.
- Lungs: Updated to match the upgraded heart.
- Muscular System: Reorganised and regrouped in line with anatomical literature.
- Infobox: Reconfigurated for more intuitive navigation, and Muscle Innervation feature renamed to ‘Nerves’.
- Screens: Introducing a more streamlined interface for viewing Screens to allow clearer focus on both the model and the Screen’s descriptive content.
- Quiz: Super sleek new look for Quiz Overview and Quiz Results.
- Breadcrumb Trail: Improved clustering of structures means more navigation options! Swipe the breadcrumb trail left and right to see the full path.
- Pinch-to-Zoom (macOS): Use your Mac’s trackpad to zoom into the model with the pinch-to-zoom gesture.
- Resolved compatibility issue with Mac firewall apps that would prevent the app from launching.
2.1.1: September 1, 2016
- Resolved issue where a Muscle Motion in the hand caused the app to crash.
2.1: August 31, 2016
- Complete Anatomy comes to the Mac! Download it now from the Mac App Store. Download
- Create individual Questions on the fly to easily add to Quizzes. Learn more
- Academic Review Board established, comprised of world-renowned expert anatomists to oversee the continuing development of our models, and help to refine anatomical accuracy. Learn more
- Enhanced Textbox tool controls, allowing for easier access to a wider range of styling options. Learn more
- Improved speed: launching up to 3x faster than previous versions.
- Improved Digestive system: complete revision of the arterial, venous, nervous and lymphatic system as well as updated liver, stomach, spleen and duodenum.
2.0.1: May 26, 2016
- Resolved an issue where Lectures might not appear after updating to 2.0.
- Resolved an issue where the Textbox text colour could not be changed.
2.0: May 23, 2016
- Introducing Lectures: Learn from top anatomical experts using carefully assembled Lectures, with topics for the anatomical beginner right through to specialist. Learn more
- Introducing Nerve Origin Path: Follow the path of a nerve back to its origin in the central nervous system. Learn more
- Introducing Muscle Innervation: Visualize the nerve supply to any muscle, and follow its path back to the nerve origin. Learn more
- New: Full body Origin/Insertion maps: access from the Skeletal system in the Systems Menu. Learn more
- New: Add Labels to the model in Default mode for quick navigation. Learn more
- Improved Growth Tool
- Enhanced sorting of Screens, Recordings and Lectures.
- Higher resolution model textures
- Ongoing refinement of existing anatomical systems, with focus on neurovasculature and pulmonary circulation.
- Easier access and ability to scroll between all Tools.
- Save Screens/start Recordings as you interact with the model.
- Switch effortlessly between 3D and 2D pens.
1.2.2: March 21, 2016
- Bug fixes: resolved an issue with in-app purchases not being recognised.
1.2.1: March 15, 2016
- Model updates: ongoing refinement of the existing model sets (muscles, lymphatic, arteries and nerves) and additional modelling of structures.
- Minor bug fixes
1.2: February 17, 2016
- Introduced Isolate Region functionality: focus on a particular body area to explore in detail. Learn more
- Added Show Hidden function for Body Systems: show all hidden structures within a system using the new controls. Learn more
- More anatomical detail: access layers within Nervous, Arterial and Venous systems, and explore the new Dermatones layer in the Integumentary System. Learn more
- Enhanced muscle motion: fade secondary muscles in any Motion to see movement clearly. Learn more
- Added Magic Marker tool to Recordings: highlight a structure or area on the screen while creating a Recording without drawing on the model. Learn more
1.1.2: January 20, 2016
- Bug fixes: resolved an issue where new UI might not appear without reinstalling the app.
1.1.1: January 19, 2016
- Screens navigation enhanced: sidebar can be hidden for full-screen viewing, and labels now fade when rotating a Screen – tap a label to return the screen to its default state. Learn more
- Improved Tips: added extra information for additional assistance.
1.1: December 22, 2015
- Redesigned the user interface to be simpler to navigate and use.
- Introduced Screens (superceding Plates): now you can create a screen of the model in any state and at any time using the new ‘Create Screen’ shortcut in the main menu. Learn more
- Introduced Recordings (superceding 3D Clips): Learn more
- Introduced Sticky Tool (superceding Notes): Add text, handwriting, images, or a photo to the model to make notes or compare with the model. Stickies can also be included in Screens, so you can share them with peers.
- Bug fixes and small improvements
1.0.3: November 28, 2015
- Improved performance: now speedier to use.
- Enhancements to Plates: speed of loading Plates and sorting of Plates both improved.
- Bug fixes: resolved issues relating to 3D Clips.
1.0.2: November 17, 2015
- Bug fixes: resolved an issue where passwords would be rejected, along with minor bugs.
- Updated Plates: bone surfaces and bone parts can now be included in a Plate.
1.0.1: November 13, 2015
- Minor bugs fixed and new content and functionality added.
1.0: November 12, 2015
Device/OSiOS (iPhone) iOS (iPad) macOS Android Windows
Select your versioniOS 6iOS 7iOS 8iOS 9iOS 10iOS 11iOS 6iOS 7iOS 8iOS 9iOS 10iOS 11OS X 10.6OS X 10.7OS X 10.8OS X 10.9OS X 10.10OS X 10.11macOS 10.12macOS 10.13Windows 8Windows 10
Where did you purchase the app?
Please enter a valid location
Please enter a valid location