Essential maintenance scheduled on Friday July 5th 2019 from 09:00am – 10:30am UTC. Some features may be unavailable.
Senior Lead Backend Developer
3D4Medical, an Elsevier Company, is looking for an experienced Senior Lead Backend Developer, who will take the lead for making organizational and technical decisions on what the company needs to get to the next level.
The successful candidate will be keen to get all up in our code, improving it and coming up with ingenious solutions to make our products better. They will also collaborate with the rest of the team to comply with our technical requirements. They will monitor the backend technical property of our systems, architecture, code quality, scalability, stability and security.
- Extend and optimise multiple existing backend applications;
- Lead new backend applications architecting and development;
- Recommend appropriate technologies to implement new features;
- Oversee the backend application codebase quality;
- Create new methods for improving the efficiency of our products;
- Take the lead with a small group of enthusiastic backend developers;
- Help to evolve the backend part of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development (leadership experience would be a plus);
- Deep knowledge of Python, Django, DRF, Asyncio, SQL, backend software architecture principles;
- Deep knowledge of databases in general and Postgres and Redis in particular;
- Good knowledge of networking principles in general and main data transfer protocols and frameworks;
- Good knowledge of AWS and how to use main services for building scalable solutions;
- Good knowledge of mainstream open-source tools like ELK, Celery.
- Good knowledge of Linux-based Operational Systems;
- Good knowledge of GIT and GIT Flow;
- Understanding of principles of CI/CD;
- Understanding of networking security principles;
- Good communication skills for both internal and cross-team collaboration;
- Ability to write clean code;
- Ability to take responsibility for, and ownership of, products;
- Understanding of the importance of documenting and unit testing;
- Results-oriented and passionate.